Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Cons and Pros

Solomon wrote that when times are good, be happy but when they are bad, consider that God made both. Here's a take on the few days that I've encountered:
.
.
CON: My Junior Achievement high school team had to go on a head to head with the other team to determine which would represent the school at the annual expo. I'd put all the plans in place the last two weeks, then a couple of minutes before the presentation, I get a call from them. They hadn't prepared at all. I had to dash there and create an annual company report and presentation in record time, while the other team had already got their game plan set. We were soundly thrashed, a whole 26 weeks down the drain!!!!
.
PRO: Despite my team losing out, a colleague forced me to attend the expo. We got the job of organizing the stand for the other team while they made their presentation to the judges in a closed room. Guess what? They won the prize for best stand, courtesy of us!!!! Plus, my company won the prize for best volunteers. Guess the 26 weeks weren't in vain after all... During the expo, got to hang out with high schoolers, seems that I can catch the attention of a few under 18's (vibe only, nothing further - you should have seen the looks from my female workmates!!!) Prize winning dinner is on 29th Nov, and one of the fly chic volunteers has said I'm her date, just gets better and better...
.
.
CON: At the expo, which was at USIU, got to hang out with the fresher chic (braces - previous post). I wanted to delete my numbers from her fone, jokingly of course. She flashes me as I head home from the expo, I snob. Finally after persistence, I check my fone to see a foreign number calling, turns out she'd been hit by a car on her way home!!!!
.
PRO: My sis drives me to the hospital, turns out she was lucky. A guy was teaching his daughter how to drive and she ended up ploughing through a lady plus this chic. The lady had one rib broken and bruised all over, while the fresher chic had her foot mowed by one of the wheels but no broken bones. Ended up being her hero for rushing over to see her at her time of need (her mum concurred), though I'm not sure how her sis (no. 1 contender - to be reviewed) feels about all this...
.
.
CON: Got into my first accident since getting a driving licence over 5 years ago (had 2 accidents before that, nothing major - was learning and scratched both a neighbour's and a cousin's cars). Had come from Kiambu, doing errands for my sis, and was returning her car when I hit a guy's Rav 4 at the back. This was at the junction of Moi Avenue joined from Tom Mboya street, late afternoon and there was jam already. Worse still, my best pal was driving a nearby car and saw the whole thing!!!
.
PRO: Turns out the guy's car wasn't damaged at all. As for my sis' car, no scratches, just the bonnet bent up slightly on one side. Also, I'm still being allowed to drive by my sis, which is quite surprising coz I thought I'd lost the priviledges for good! But my best pal is dissing me seriously about it...
.
.
CON: My finances are not in good stead AGAIN! My stock portfolio (HFCK, Mumias and Scangroup) are down and I've met a workmate who cleared like 3 years before me, but now has a car and 3 plots of land. Yaani, what have I been doing with my income over the last 12 months of working life? Attempts to account have proved to be an exercise in futility. Need to style up...
.
PRO: I've recently read 'The Richest Man in Babylon' and 'Capitalist Nigger' both an inspiration towards wealth and financial independence. Putting the advice in practice is the next step. I'm not for engaging in the money rat race but it beats sense not to enhance my investments by expanding into property development.
.
.
CON: I've been feeling far from God (and He's not the one who's been moving away) the last couple of weeks. Missed out on AFLEWO, plus spiritual psyche has been seriously low.I figure I don't hang out more with Him on a one-on-one basis plus haven't been 'making the grade' so to speak. I got to watch the Jesus film (for the umpteenth time) at my Ekklesia last week and confirmed that most of the time I don't do what He says...
.
PRO: Got this feel that He's still got me covered, was nice last Sunday after church service. Just sat alone after guys had left, and felt at peace, like He's there with me, covering my back as always. Visited another Ekklesia jana jioni and they vibed about jamaas who are poor in spirit. There's hope I tell you...

5 Comments:

At 10/13/2006 5:39 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky that she(braces) trusted you enough to ask you to go see her moments after the did. i guess that you should be careful who you ask to delete you number.about God,i think that you should look at your curent position in your life an see how he is always thea 4 you(pros and cons), then you will not drift away.

 
At 10/13/2006 5:40 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky that she(braces) trusted you enough to ask you to go see her moments after the did. i guess that you should be careful who you ask to delete you number.about God,i think that you should look at your curent position in your life an see how he is always thea 4 you(pros and cons), then you will not drift away.

 
At 10/16/2006 7:56 am , Blogger mwasjd said...

@Anon
Deleting her number was a joke, a bad joke it would have been. It was one of those bad concidences in maisha.

As for God, He's got me covered, even when I drift. Guess that's what grace is all about, even if it isn't an excuse to fall.

 
At 10/17/2006 7:25 pm , Blogger Juju said...

pros and cons... always the best way to go about life... coz sometimes things can bog you down so much, and if u cant pull yourself up with positive things utakuwa depressed sana.

 
At 10/18/2006 8:22 am , Blogger mwasjd said...

Majonzi

Thanks for visiting and your comments.I agree that bila positive vibe to pull oneself up out of shidas, it's down down down all the way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home