Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sights and sounds

Hi wananchi. I was on leave for the last week, spent the days sleeping, tv, and a couple of hours daily working on a report that's due. Wanted to try a different line to the blogs so here goes:

This is Kigen, son of my female workmate. I was holding him a couple of hours after his birth. His name means "He who was eagerly awaited for". He'd taken his sweet time, 10 days, before coming out of the comfort zone. I vibed his dad and asked how he was feeling that he had a first born son. He said the feeling is too deadly such that he can't explain. I figure I'll give the same answer in AD 2015.


This one is in honour of the slightly "under 18" chile in my life with pink braces. The small sis of number one contender, and a fresher at USIU. After two dates and lots of phone calls, I declare her a sawa chic. A lot of interesting vibe (I'm a good listener) makes her a friend to keep if possible for a lifetime.

The picture is naan bread. My date this weekend, lawyer friend from campus, just hanging out and catching up. We went to the Indian food joint at Prestige plaza, totally spontaneous (we just shukad a no 4 bus after passing prestige, ati let's try there). She ordered buttered chicken, I had 'methil' chicken. Too deadly. I accept that we only live once, so make the most of it and do such stuff. It hurts the wallet, but has a nice feeling esp when being appreciated by the chic!!!!

This is the book that I've just finished reading. Very deep, the main lesson I got was about finishing well in this life. The key elements are:

- They had perspective in everything which helped them focus
- They enjoyed intimacy with Christ, and experienced repeated times of inner renewal
- They are disciplined in the important areas of life
- They maintained a positive learning attitude all their life
- They had a network of meaningful relationships & several important mentors in their lifetime.

Now I've started reading Capitalist Nigger (my 5th book of the year) - inspiration to all blacks to rise from mediocrity. So far, it's deadly.


See you at AFLEWO this Friday!

4 Comments:

At 9/28/2006 11:47 am , Blogger Jadekitten said...

I envy you your leave. Heck! These days I envy everyone who's not at work at any point...maybe that's sayin sumthin'. Anyway.

I'm a sucker (TOTAL) for Indian, especially North Indian Cuisine. I haven't tried prestige, too many people have given their service bad reviews. Now, however, I'ma think of trying it....Then when it ends up being 'mathogos' I can come for thy neck!!!!

:-)

 
At 9/29/2006 8:13 am , Blogger mwasjd said...

jade

Leave is cool, sometimes makes you appreciate work. Hope it's not that bad, at your place...

I didn't know about the bad reviews for prestige Indian, maybe we went at a time when all was sawa, quick and efficent service, good food & no stomach trouble. So don't blame me incase of 'mathogos'

 
At 10/07/2006 12:37 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man. Looking forward to hear your thoughts on AFLEWO 06. Did u attend?

 
At 10/16/2006 9:21 am , Blogger mwasjd said...

anon

Sorry but missed out on AFLEWO. Was planning to attend, then got a full schedule for Sato which included driving (in the morning), so couldn't take the risk. I heard it was extremely packed, but was a blast anyway. Check out gishungwa.blogspot.com for her experience.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home