Sunday, October 07, 2007

Kazi mingi



You know I'm overworked when:

- By mid morning, my hair is a shaggy mess.
- I only know my sis is still existing coz I see her car parked at night as I get home.
- My workmates keep telling me I look stressed, like every other day.
- I've recently updated my music collection on my work laptop, but I feel like I've heard the songs too many times already.
- The senior colleagues tell me to get married so that I have an excuse to leave work before sunset.
- I've cash lying around coz I don't have time to go to the stock broker.
- I went for lunch at 5 pm last Friday.
- I've no clue what movies are showing currently.
- I respond to the question "How's work?" with "Mob sana" or "Crazy!"
- I have two lane highways for myself on my way home from work.
- I step in for a colleague so that he can simamia his pal's wedding on a sato.
- I missed my pal's wedding jana coz I was at work, arriving at 6.30 pm to find guys harakishad the reception coz of rain.
- I'm updating my blog on a sunday afternoon after completing some work.
- I already know where I'll be on Moi Day morning and next Sato morning, and almost definately next Sunday morning.

Despite all this, I'm actually getting to like my job. Give thanks for what you do, and how you are doing it (or how it's doing you) whatever the weather...

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 10/08/2007 2:43 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude you are not alone...i have realised something...it shall not change...it shall not be less busy...it shall not lift...it shall become the norm...might change my line of work...

 
At 10/08/2007 12:19 pm , Blogger Klara said...

LOL!
So right aki, there are many overworked guys out there...

 
At 10/09/2007 10:24 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The overtime explains the excess cash laying around...try getting married and may be you will not have so much cash lying around.

As you increase your expertise, you'll realise jobo that used to take long can be done in a short period....try automating you repetitive jobo's by scripting, macros, templates.

 
At 10/11/2007 9:37 am , Blogger Jadekitten said...

Or how it's doing you is more like it. And 'insane' is the only answer I give when peeps ask me about my work these days. At this rate, unles something gives we'll burn out in 5 years!

But yes, I'm counting my blessings despite!

 
At 10/14/2007 4:26 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@muthii fulani
I'm hoping what you are saying won't become the absolute. We have some new guys in the dept and they are yet to catch the ropes. When they do, we'll share the mzigo...

@klara
Feeling the vibe too?

@ptah
Thanks for the logical solutions to my overworking problems. When we hook up next, I'll explain them in detail, turns out marriage and scripts can't sort out some of these 'manual' labours...

@jade
You feel the being done vibe. Hopefully in 5 years, we'll have gotten a new challenge or become bosses (if that helps). Counting your blessing gives a positive spin on things always. Cheers!

 
At 11/14/2007 8:07 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, glad having u bro!! U rock!!

 
At 11/14/2007 8:08 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me, upps---Honesty in Berlin

 
At 11/17/2007 8:06 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@Anon
Thanks for the props. Unfortunately you've lost me on identity...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home