Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The soap of my life

The Clande

We kissed. It was totally out of the blue and uncalled for. We'd met only 2 times before, and that was like a total period of 10 minutes! Now, here's the problem, just coz we got momentary body chemistry (of the highly reactive kind) doesn't mean that there are grounds for going forward. Plus, as I explained afterwards, I'm not looking to get into a relationship with her (or any other girl for that matter) in the near term. This is because I've issues to deal with, plus she's ok but not my type exactly.

Sadly, she's on my case with incessant phonecalls, and I'm hard pressed to snub her (which is difficult for a neighbour). Don't get me wrong, she's really a sawa chic (for someone who's just cleared high school) and I feel rotten for that one moment of stuff, now trying to reconstruct a potential friendship is proving difficult. It's one of those situations, when explained will come up with the all to famous statement " Men are just *****!"

The Mystery

I started recieving text messages from a weird (not Kenyan or any easily recognizable international) phone number. Initial investigations proved that it was a Rwandan mobile number. This was some chic (had to be a girl) who says that she knows me and we've met at Java like twice, she knows me from my campus days. I try figure out this vibe but no clue as to who this person is. I even talked to a few pals, but none was able to identify the name given. My best pal gave me an idea as to who it was but it didn't add up.

Then to kill this whole story, I get credit and make the big international call, and guess what? It was the chic my best pal thought of. She's doing some audit in Rwanda and thought up a plan to apparently play with my emotions. Sasa, hii ni shida gani???

The X-Files

I've had the 'priveledge' of coming across ex versions 1.0 and 2.0 in the last 2 months. Both seem to have come across good tidings with regard to corporate life. The former left a legal position in a top bank for NGO high life, while the latter is disecting sorgum DNA as part of some international bio chemistry research. This is a far cry from campus days, when they were interested (for a very short time) in some broke jamaa struggling with engineering studies, but with great potential.

I wonder whether there's enough evidence for reopening the files...

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5/02/2007 10:20 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude drama drama. As for the x files - i have a policy, one closed never ever reopen, the stench may kill you! :-)

 
At 5/03/2007 11:29 am , Blogger odegle said...

Mwasjd, i think its about time! forget about the 'issues' and get someone to commit to. being single and successful is recipe for chaos

 
At 5/11/2007 4:36 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@aegeus
Drama is what my social life is. I feel you with the x files thing, definately issues remain the same, despite changes in status.

@odegle
Getting someone isn't as easy as shopping in a supermarket. But I like the 'single and successful' tag, will definately work on the success part more...

 
At 5/31/2007 10:22 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do you want to recycle a relationship. things NEVER get better.tred carefully my brother

 
At 6/03/2007 11:42 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@anon
Thanks for the brotherly advice. Recycling is just using the same thing over again, and that is not an experience that I'd love to be in...

 
At 6/04/2007 4:13 pm , Blogger BrokenStreetLight said...

dude go for it, the thing is repackaged and it never gets betters.however, tread softly...be careful wot u wish for, its never quite the same when u get it!cheers, boyflani.was jazzed by the foto of u in Brussels..haha!

 
At 6/08/2007 6:23 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@boyfulani
The use of 'repackaged' when refering to x-files clearly shows that this is not a package to be reopened (LOL). Thanks for the visit, the pic was set up specifically for the blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home