Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Am I getting younger?

Once again it's that time of the year when that hard question arises: should the title of this blog continue to be YOUNG Kenyan Man's Story? That's right folks, it's my birthday today. How old? Let's just say that I'll still be in my 20's for a few more years (very few to be exact).

Make sure you leave some for the rest!!!

The day, nothing to write home about. Apart from the many texts & chat messages, and couple of phone calls (which are much appreciated) from family and friends, a pizza (Terrific Tuesday) lunch plot backfired as colleagues were either out of office or held up in meetings! Presents? LOL! Haven't seen any in a bit. Treated myself to chicken for lunch as compensation.

Obviously the turn of events the last couple of weeks means I have a lot to be thankful for. Following the successful completion of the 19 month management trainee thing (the technical training was the last bit), I've been posted to work as a quality analyst for data services. Dream job? I can't tell but so far prospects look good. Plus, it comes with a nice payhike, of which most of it should see more frequent visits to the stock broker.

Half year financials: offloaded Rea Vipingo & Eveready, increased Scangroup and added KCB and ICDC to my portfolio, which includes Mumias. Targets for 2nd half will obviously involve taking advantage of the IPOs. Also, I plan to get a new stream of income, by registering and starting a small business venture I've identified (details on success) as viable. Also, the x-campus chama has kicked off and we open the account this week. This could also translate to big things in the future.

Thank you Lord for life, help me make it worth Your investment.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 7/11/2007 4:42 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yap...not getting younger...but congrats on the successful completion of your training and the recent posting. Pay hike...nice...put that lunch aside i will claim it shortly.
MAy God blees you this year in all your undertaking.

 
At 7/15/2007 4:29 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@sis
Thanks for the ONLY blog cheer. You can claim the lunch if & when you see me physically.

 
At 7/18/2007 11:44 am , Blogger Jadekitten said...

Hey...

Happy 1-week-belated birthday :-)

AND...your wishes, your heart's desires, your dreams, your hopes, may they all come true :-)

 
At 7/19/2007 5:42 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@Jade
Thanks dear for the nice (belated) wish.

 
At 7/19/2007 7:07 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

 
At 7/20/2007 7:06 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@ciiku
10 days later, I still appreciate. Thanks for visiting and the cheer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home