Wednesday, September 12, 2007

They see me rolling...



It's been three weeks since I've had the priveledge of enjoying company resources i.e. mobility. And it was only by a stroke of luck that some jamaa was moved to our dept and since he had a ride from there, took one of our new rides and so I ended up hopping between some of the vehicles in the fleet.

Reactions:

1. The watchmen
At digs, they stopped calling me 'ndugu', they call me 'bwana mkubwa'. Sad to say but they now expect bigger handouts from me, which is a surprise coz I wasn't giving out any when I was javing.

2. The big sister
Now with smaller car, she's resorted to using me as the full time errand boy. I've done everything from chauffering her daughter, drycleaning, meat etc. Is this love, is this love that I'm feeling?

3. The relaz
They are in awe. I'm trying to tell them, "Hii ni gari ya kampuni!" But it doesn't count in their books, all they know is that I've hit the big league.

4. The honeyz
a. Fly chic leaving estate in the morning:
Me: (Stopping the car a few metres after passing her) Where are you headed?
Her: Kenyatta (which is totally in the opposite direction from where I'm headed)
Me: (After a few seconds of logic vs emotional war) Hop in.
Turns out she's a pal of a pal. Which should make us?

b. Other fly chic neighbour
We got to know each other due to javving together, then she bought her own ride and I was reduced to nothing. Now she recognizes the brother, which is good for temporary ego boosting.

c. The occasional hook ups
People have to be dropped home after coffee. Which is sawa in terms of knowing where they actually live. But maybe expectations are becoming too high?

5. My mind
After what happened to Odegle a while ago, it is now a constant that my level of worrying has gone up a notch higher. When you are parked in town or church and your mind starts thinking 'Did I lock the car?' 'Has it been stolen/towed/vandalized/crashed into?', then for certain, I'm not at peace with this nice thing I have been entrusted with. I wonder whether all car owners/drivers feel the same way at the beginning?

All in all, it makes moving around a whole lot easier, so I'll be thankful and enjoy the ride while it lasts.



Point of concern:
A pal's dad, a workmate and a pal's new born kid have passed away in the last couple of weeks. It been difficult dealing with it. Appreciate life, won't you?

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

At 9/13/2007 8:01 am , Blogger kainvestor said...

Enjoy the mobility while it lasts and lets hope it last for long because i can't imagine you going back to javing.
What happened to Odegle was very bad. But what can you do to avoid such? don't worry about what you can't control.
www.kainvestor.blogspot.com

 
At 9/13/2007 8:44 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy.that was an interesting turn of things...me icud just give them all a black out, kwani?
sorry for the loss of the kid..or the concerned parties.

 
At 9/13/2007 9:34 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So have you been giving the watchie some color ama?
This post put a smile on my face!

 
At 9/13/2007 11:29 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Use the wheels to your advantage... you never know when it will be taken away..Nice post

 
At 9/13/2007 11:50 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy it while you still can

 
At 9/15/2007 4:21 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@ka-investor
I haven't forgotten how to jav, ready when necessary. I hear you on the worry bit, won't help in anyway.
Thank for visiting. I like your blog.

@boyfulani
I don't really give a black out, rather just mumble pole or something.
Thanks for the pole.

@farmgal
No, I don't give the watchie some color, they ask for it though. Keep smiling.

@pilato
Advantage it is, using it as much as I can.

@kipusa
Will do exactly that.

 
At 9/17/2007 10:20 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you lucky dog you!! If you are blessed to keep the ride for a bit longer, it may be a chick magnet. single no more=less freedom= more time spent impresing her=the watchman will not be the only probo with color. am not hating, just bieng the voice of reason bubble buster

 
At 9/17/2007 10:46 am , Blogger Jadekitten said...

Yup, enjoy it while it last cos that re-transition just ain't funny. And yes, it's normal to be plagued by those thoughts, mine used to be : did I leave the lights on? Ain't nothing annoying as a dead car in the middle of the night. As for the car being a chic magnet, good for you. Don't let it get to your head, though :-)

Sorry about those losses. May He give you strength to deal.

 
At 9/18/2007 11:31 am , Blogger Klara said...

LOL!
I love that song! Yaani how things change when someone status change! That's just Life...
Enjoy it while it lasts....

 
At 9/18/2007 2:10 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

furahia ndae mazee...it used to be a convenience...now its a tub you go sit in parked on the roads as you pretend to go where you are going...considering intalling dvd kwa ramshakle yangu though that will cost more than the moti itself but si i will be finishing 2 movies before i fika diggs? :-)

 
At 9/20/2007 10:00 am , Blogger odegle said...

very funny reading. am still smilling

 
At 9/23/2007 3:10 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@naomi
Thanks for the voice of reason. While the ride is a chic magnet, I'm not in the market for a hookup. But I must admit, the attention is a nice thing...

@jade
I'm trying but it's ngumu to keep it from going to my head. I wanna floss!!!
Thanks for the consolation.

@klara
Once again you figure out stuff guys don't see. I like the song also, one day we'll be come car-millionaires! LOL!

@muthii-fulani
Luckily I don't experience much jam on the way. But mostly listen to soul on 96.3, I can't weka dvd on gari ya kampuni!

@odegle
I'm glad you are smiling. Hope the thugs haven't come back for second helping.

 
At 9/27/2007 6:32 pm , Blogger pesa tu said...

Am your age-mate and drive a German model.But am down to earth sometimes i javo.
I can tell you Driving has changed the perception some people have of me especially since, it isn't a Toyota.I didn't know people were so shallow

 
At 10/02/2007 2:41 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...

 
At 10/07/2007 2:08 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@pesa tu
Dude you are my agemate only in terms of years. You having a german model means that you are miles ahead of me. Respect!
But yes many people equate possessions to value, sad but true.

@mushenzi
Cheers. It's been a while, hope you are ok.

 
At 11/07/2007 7:42 pm , Blogger Amelia said...

funny post.like your blog.check mine out.
monagirlslife.blogspot.com
tell me what you think

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home