Monday, June 02, 2008

They see me rolling... Season II

An update since Season I:

1. In our zeal at enjoying the company fleet for our own pleasures, one of my colleagues went on an upcountry (really far) road trip without telling the boss. Twas the same weekend unfortunately that mkubwa got vehicle monitoring software installed on his PC and tried it out. We all got banned from using the cars except on company business. Back to square one!

2. I had my first serious accident early last month. Was driving back from Matuu (ndalas) to office around 8 p.m. Decided to overlap coz of a slow truck holding up traffic, only to find a car turning right, into a junction I hadn't noticed in Thika. Braked and skidded but still hit her (it was a lady) door and crossed with the side mirror. Graciously, no one was hurt. Ended up footing for the repairs undercover, didn't want to involve boss (had already gotten into trouble before over the cars, when a dent appeared and no one took responsibility).
Lesson: Don't overlap, just don't.

3. Finally got my first own ride following a nice deal that came by which I was compelled to take up. Had to sell most of my prime shares come everything, but hey, isn't it why we buy shares? The effect:

- At just the same time, my neighbour who had a Starlet, upgrades to a Corona, while the other neighbour unleashes an Xtrail and 4X4. Seems I'm still a very small rat in a big race...
- Workmates now consider me a hero. Eish, it's just a car.
- Fly neighbour invites me for sister's wedding, then gets me to carry her fly friends to reception and insists that I show up for dinner usiku. Food, Alvaro and dancing, my social status is on the up.
- Fuel is expensive, adjusting from busfare to ngata is a big leap. New hobby is being on the look out for sub 98 bob petrol stations.
- Despite 4 years of power mechanics in high school, the mechanic makes you feel like a bumbling fool.
- The convenience is too mzuri, unfortunately it comes with responsibilities i.e. errands and favours for family and friends.

Hope season III has better things in the offing. Enjoy the next 4 months bila public holiday :-(

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 6/02/2008 11:35 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that life is treating you good. Good for you bro!

 
At 6/03/2008 8:42 am , Blogger kainvestor said...

apart from the monitoring software, it seems things are not bad on your social side. Accidents are inevitable, you can only reduce them but not avoid them completely. Thats why they are accidents...they come when you least expect it.

Enjoy the ride!

 
At 6/03/2008 11:14 am , Blogger Seasons & Reasons said...

I say well in on your new ride!

 
At 6/03/2008 1:53 pm , Blogger mama shady said...

weeuwee!;)good for you guy!Yesterday I heard that 800 new cars hit the road in the city where I live. I was quite amazed!Anyway, you will definitely acquire a few more 'pals'.But enjoy!hopefully the price of petrol wont keep climbing.

 
At 6/03/2008 10:16 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess i should have all my single friends to call ya since u r moving up in the world...
niiice...endelea vivyo hivyo!

 
At 6/07/2008 12:36 am , Blogger mwasjd said...

@ragskanyi
Sure is, cheers!

@ka-investor
Let's just say when it comes to company fleet, rather avoid completely by not being too hasty. Unfortunately, you are right about inevitability. I am enjoying.

@seasons & reasons
Cheers!

@mama shady
I'm still laying low, so not too keen on attracting 'pals' esp coz of wealth. Unfortunately, world crude prices hit a high of $140 today.

@seinlife
Why do your single friends have to call me now? I'm still the same bloke, with/without ride.

 
At 6/09/2008 6:21 pm , Blogger Maua said...

Good things come with a price, but si that's why you get up everymorning to face up to your boss? Enjoy ya new ride.

 
At 6/09/2008 6:21 pm , Blogger Maua said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6/14/2008 2:50 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@maua
LOL! If we looked at things that way, I'm sure few would like to pay any price. But I'll enjoy still. Thanks.

 
At 10/06/2008 10:22 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serendipities.... they call them. Those new friends who show up conveniently when you come into new wealth. LOL.. enjoy

 
At 10/20/2008 8:00 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@kk
Serendipities. Didn't know that, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home