Saturday, March 01, 2008

Getting noticed

Case 1:

I got a mail from the CEO of a startup called VerveEarth. In short the jamaa says that they were looking for the best blogs in the world by geography, and they found mine for Kenya. (Alright you can stop applauding now, the sarcasm is killing me).
So they are inviting me to sign in with their site which plots the content of the internet on an interactive map of the world. Of course being chosen as Kenyan ambassador gives me great pride and I will serve my country online with distinction ;-)

Case 2:

Someone wrote a comment in my blog 2 weeks ago. It was for a post I'd done mid last year. I only noticed it from the email alerts from blogger. I'm surprised that probably it came up on a google search for someone looking for Kenyans in Germany. Talk about being relevant way into the future!!

Case 3:

She sent me an email. She says that she was spending time checking out facebook and decided to go through my profile. She discovered the link to my blog and says that it was really cool. She also read EVERYTHING! Who is the person in question? The 'she' being referred to in the Smitten and Saying It Like It Is posts!!!! I could only reply back "oops..."

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3/01/2008 11:46 pm , Blogger mama shady said...

woi!Ive laughed but i truly do sympathise with you. But at least you'd already told her how you felt and she wasn't gunduaing these things on the world wide web.As for verve earth, congrats, and dont be such a cynic. as for facebook...

 
At 3/02/2008 7:56 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope her discovery helps push your relationship forward.
Congratulations on Verve Earth man.

 
At 3/03/2008 12:37 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Mr High Commissioner.

 
At 3/03/2008 6:32 pm , Blogger Maua said...

At last... Was it patience? They say it pays, wait for the malipo.

 
At 3/04/2008 10:26 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@mama shady
World wide web. I actually hadn't looked at it from that perspective. Thanks for the sympathy, definately needed it. And pole about being a cynic, but you know email. Facebook is something else altogether.

@mwangi
I hope so too. Cheers.

@nakeel
I feel you. Now that's getting noticed!

@maua
Patience pays, but sometimes you know currencies depreciate...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home