Saturday, April 26, 2008

I should have gone out partying


In what can only be described as an amazing turnaround of events, my boss, who last week absolutely rubbished my performance for the last 6 months, decided to UPGRADE my performance ratings!!!

He stated that though I clearly didn't meet my objectives, the effort and work I'd put in all round couldn't be reflected in the poor scores I'd given myself. So he was upgrading them from poor to fair (which is what most jamaas score, guaranteeing a pay hike), but expects me to do better come 6 months time.

Now ain't that a corporate miracle or what? Halleluyah!!!!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 4/26/2008 7:10 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good! Now work on making it shine in the next 6 months!

 
At 4/26/2008 8:46 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There now, see? Knew you weren't quite as dodgy as you were making out!!!

 
At 4/27/2008 5:46 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulation! anything is better than nothing:-)

 
At 4/27/2008 10:57 pm , Blogger Farmgal said...

Amen!

 
At 4/28/2008 1:04 am , Blogger mama shady said...

weeuweee!Thank God. Here to hitting those targets and more come that 6 month deadline!;)

 
At 4/28/2008 7:38 am , Blogger Seasons & Reasons said...

You see... I thought I told you so.

Enjoy the moment

 
At 4/28/2008 4:49 pm , Blogger SMEBANKRUPTCY said...

praise God

 
At 4/29/2008 10:32 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@mwari
Thanks, I've no choice but to shine.

@anna
OK OK, you were right, I was wrong.

@seinlife
Anything counts for a whole lot in my economy.

@farmgal
Cheers. Of course Chelsea beating Man U made the partying much more fun.

@mama shady
Thanks for the support. Much appreciated.

@seasons & reasons
Keep on commenting on my blog, you seem to have some insights to my success.

@uzimalife
Bila choice!

 
At 5/08/2008 4:03 pm , Blogger Maua said...

He's just being a good mgr, and thinks that will motivate you more.

 
At 5/17/2008 9:51 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done with the app thing. One thing 2 remember...when our superiors push us, its not only coz its their job, bt also coz they c potential

 
At 5/18/2008 10:29 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@maua
Then I'm absolute certain that I'm more motivated to perform.

@naomi
Potential, I like the sound of that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home