Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Birthday Reds

It's another birthday, and boy do they come and go so fast. I'm still in my twenties, but they are running out. For the birthday, it's bila hugs and kisses, cake or gifts for me, but I'm thankful for life and the fact that God's been too good to me.

So what am I doing during this auspicious occasion? Well, the company sent me on a 13 day excursion to the coast to check on the quality of the products it sells. So from Lungalunga & Shimoni in the south to Lamu & Garsen in the north, it's one long road trip. Must admit that we have one beautiful country.



Latest picture of me today morning, spent the night at Leopard Beach Resort on the South Coast. Very nice place, complete with the classic elderly mzungu and her young maasai catch. This evening I'm in the Italian town of Malindi, where majority of the locals are either spectators, employees or 'service providers'.

Here's to another year of blogging and fun times, whatever your weather.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 7/10/2008 4:38 am , Blogger meek meek said...

happy birthday... I love presents i know youre supposed to get over it but i love them anyway... Im still in my 20's i will learn... Anyway i was wondering if you could give me any tips so that i dont spend too much in Mombasa... where to go... what to see and so on..

 
At 7/10/2008 12:53 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! how do you expect to recieve hugs and kisses when you are so far away??!? Eh... am still trying to figure out a way of sending them on soft copy! Have fun at the coast and a lovely year. Upendo mob kutoka kwangu.

Koks

 
At 7/10/2008 5:50 pm , Blogger Nakeel said...

Belated ones as you grow strong when you get to Malindi have a cold one and M pesa the bill. Jienjoy.

 
At 7/10/2008 9:30 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope this 29th is as jolly good as last years....:-)

 
At 7/16/2008 10:02 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@meek meek
Why is anyone supposed to get over presents? For sure no demands but expectations should be there, life is too short to grow up.
As for Mombasa, you can see the ocean at no cost. I'm not really that much of a tour guide.

@koks
Soft copy works only temporarily. I'll collect when we kutana next. Thanks for the baraka. Much appreciated.

@nakeel
I had an expensive glass of red wine instead. Namba yako ya simu ni?

@seinlife
You have me confused with one of your elderly female friends. I'm legit, still in 20's. You'll know when I cross over to your side of the age spectrum.

 
At 7/18/2008 9:25 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kijana. Happy birthday (belated). That view from leopard beach resort looks deadly. Are the hotels full yet or still suffering from 2007 happenings?

 
At 7/30/2008 10:13 pm , Blogger mwasjd said...

@mushenzi
Thanks. Umepotelea wapi?
I only found one hotel which was full, most had crowd but not packed to capacity. Will take time to recover from post-election chaos I guess.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home